Search engine

Custom Search

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Nastar (Must try AAA+++)





Ehmm...Sometimes it is hard to decide which is better to make, nastar with leaf shape or round shape....actually nastar are easy to make and it's a must cookies for Chinese New Year, Christmas, Idul Fitri ( hari raya )....but today I made this odd shape of nastar, its a leaf shape because I miss my mom so much, I remember my mom would always make these cookies for Christmas. When she made them, she didn't make just a few but several dozen! because she will sell too hahahha...och yeah this recipe I will use margarine and butter ( please buying a good quality unsalted butter which is advisable ...LOL)


NASTAR

Modified by me


Ok this is my recipe :


  • 125gr margarine

  • 125gr unsalted butter

  • 50gr powdered sugar ( I use 75gr because I want it to be sweet )

  • 2 egg yolks

  • 350gr flour

  • 2 Tsp milk powder

  • 1/4 tsp salt

Filling : pineapple jam (for me I always buy because I lazy to make lol)


Glaze :

  • 2 egg yolks add in 1 Tsp evaporated milk, mix well

  • Cheddar Cheese ( if you want of course, I'm not use it coz I make leaf shape if you make round shape this cheddar cheese should be good as your topping or you wanna change your toping then cloves can be used too).

Instructions :

  1. Preheat oven to 140 degrees C. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.

  2. In the bowl of your electric mixer ( or with hand mixer ) cream the margarine + butter + sugar and eggs until light and fluffy, add in flour, milk powder and salt and mix well.

  3. Form the dough into small round, then use all your creativity and please decide wanna make round shape or leaf shape.....and fill in the filling.

  4. Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheets spacing about 1 inch each.

  5. Bake for about 30 minutes, until golden. ( when half way of baking these cookies I take out from the oven and Brush the rolls with egg glaze).

  6. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Singapore Food Blog | Sparklette

Protected blog